As we head into our spring season and the Covid vaccine gets more widely distributed, we're getting more questions about our travel requirements. Here's what you need to know about participating in a Bicycle Adventures trip this year:
- Your safety is our primary focus. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation to help ensure the health and safety of our tour participants and leaders, staff, and the communities we visit. We are following guidelines from local health authorities in each destination, along with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA).
- Face masks will be required any time physical distancing of 6 feet is not possible, including when riding in the van, and when specified by local policies.
- We are back to operating our tours with a single van in 2021.
- Our guides should all be fully vaccinated before their tours.
- We are not requiring guests to be vaccinated in order to travel with us.
- Getting a Covid test is recommended but not required before coming on tour. We ask that guests monitor their health before coming on tour with us and postpone if they are feeling unwell or if they’ve been in contact with anyone with Covid within 2 weeks of their departure.
- We will ask you to fill out a health questionnaire at the beginning of the tour, and temperature checks will be conducted daily.
- National Parks mask mandate:
- Masks are now required in all National Parks Service buildings and facilities. This includes visitor centers and restrooms.
- Masks are required outdoors within all National Parks when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Masks are not required while riding but be prepared to pop one on for the morning route talk, when you roll into a rest stop or when you’re hanging out at the end of the day.